The MCU has a bountiful supply of upcoming Marvel movies and TV shows in the next few years - 25 confirmed with more heavily rumored at the time of writing. The Marvel Cinematic Universe continues to conquer new territory, with the streaming service Disney+ releasing several hit shows starring MCU characters over the past couple of years. While there was talk of the superhero bubble bursting, Marvel's upcoming slate laughs in the face of such cynicism.
Kevin Feige's ideas pad is far from empty, with sequels and spin-offs joining brand new original properties on both the big screen and the incredibly successful Marvel Disney+ shows, including no less than two holiday specials coming in 2022 alone. Animation sits alongside live-action, and actors with numerous awards under their belts are still joining the franchise more than a decade into its status as one of cinema's absolute powerhouses.SCREENRANT VIDEO OF THE DAY
The Marvel Cinematic Universe halts for no person, and 2022 saw a whole raft of new MCU movies and TV shows announced. To get on top of everything that's already on the way, here are the most crucial of Marvel's movie and TV show announcements for Phase 4 and beyond. In addition, rumors around new Marvel movies and shows in development continue to get proved true with each passing month.
Werewolf by Night (October 7, 2022)
The MCU's 2022 Halloween Special, Werewolf By Night, will star Gael García Bernal in the lead role of Jack Russell, a.k.a. Werewolf by Night. Filming for Werewolf by Night ran from late March 2022 to the end of April 2022, and the movie will release in time for Halloween. The plot is still shrouded in some mystery, but it will see a collection of monster hunters team up to compete for a powerful artifact. The special also promises to deliver classic horror movie vibes of the 1930s and '40s, which is a significant and interesting genre departure for the MCU.
Key Werewolf by Night News:
- Werewolf By Night Being In Black And White Kept Its Rating Under TV-MA
- Werewolf by Night Trailer Looks Unlike ANYTHING Marvel Has Done Before
- Werewolf By Night Is MCU's Start For Monsters, Says Producer
- Marvel's Monsters Have Been Part Of The MCU All Along
Black Panther: Wakanda Forever (November 11, 2022)
Following the tragic death of Chadwick Boseman in August 2020, Marvel isn't recasting Black Panther for the sequel. Instead, Black Panther: Wakanda Forever will focus on Shuri, who may be the new Black Panther after T'Challa's passing. Marvel's official teaser also introduces the film's antagonist, Namor, and provides a glimpse of yet another new MCU hero, Riri Williams/Ironheart (Dominique Thorne). Ironheart will be getting her own MCU solo series on Disney+ later on, but Black Panther should give her a solid introduction alongside other powerful women like Shuri, Nakia, Okoye, and Queen Ramonda as they fight to defend Wakanda.
Key Black Panther: Wakanda Forever News:
- Black Panther 2 Explores More of Wakanda, Teases M'Baku Actor
- Black Panther 2 Footage Description Gets Detailed In Wakanda Politics
- Will Shuri Become the New Black Panther? Letitia Wright Coyly Responds
- Namor IS A Mutant In MCU Confirms Black Panther 2 Actor
The Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special (December 2022)
After 2020's The LEGO Star Wars Holiday Special, Marvel is getting in on the festive fun. The Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special is directed by James Gunn for Disney+ and was filmed in conjunction with Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3. It will release in Winter 2022 ahead of the threequel.
Key Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special News:
- Guardians Of The Galaxy Holiday Special Runtime Revealed By James Gunn
- GOTG Holiday Special Is An Epilogue To MCU Phase 4 Says James Gunn
- James Gunn Compares Filming GOTG 3 & The Holiday Special
- When GOTG Holiday Special Set In MCU Timeline Revealed By James Gunn
Related: Thor: Love And Thunder Created A Guardians Vol.3 Plot Hole
Marvel's What If...? Season 2 (2023)
While Marvel's What If...? season 1 ended with a multiverse-splitting crossover that introduced the Guardians of the Multiverse, more is coming in early 2023. Already, some of the story details teased in the first season – like Space Iron Man – are confirmed to get more space in the second outing. On top of that, rumors of episodes dedicated to the Eternals and Shang-Chi abound, and Bigfoot may even show up.
Key What If...? Season 2 News:
- What If...? Season 2 News & Updates: Everything Marvel Has Revealed
- Marvel's What If Season 2 Will Be Wilder Than Kevin Feige's Vision
- What If Season 2 Footage Description: Captain America Beat Thanos In IW
- What If Season 2 Early 2023 Release Revealed & Season 3 Confirmed
Ant-Man & The Wasp: Quantumania (February 17, 2023)
Ant-Man 3 will be going large, with a new title that promises even more Quantum Realm action: Ant-Man & The Wasp: Quantumania. Paul Rudd, Evangeline Lilly, Michael Douglas, and Michelle Pfeiffer are all returning, joined by Kathryn Newton as a recast Cassie Lang (the third actor to play the role), who will presumably become Stature. They're fighting against multiverse-hopping villain Kang the Conqueror, played by Jonathan Majors, although other threats could emerge.
Key Ant-Man & The Wasp: Quantumania News:
- Kang Might Actually Not Be The Main Villain In Ant-Man 3
- Ant-Man 3 Footage Description Teases Kang Has Killed Avengers Before
- Ant-Man 3 Will Change The MCU Permanently, Says Peyton Reed
- Wasp Will Struggle With Quantum Realm In Ant-Man 3, Teases Star
Secret Invasion (Spring 2023)
Ever since the Skrulls were introduced to the MCU in Captain Marvel, audiences have been waiting for Secret Invasion – the comic story where alien shapeshifters infiltrate Earth. That's finally happening on Disney+ with a Secret Invasion show, starring Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury and Ben Mendelson as Talos. Although plot details are light, the trailer that dropped at the 2022 D23 Expo offered a glimpse of how Fury and Talos seem to be in over their heads while combating the Skrull threat, which may have a hidden agenda. Secret Invasion will feature a cast consisting of Kingsley Ben-Adir, Olivia Coleman, Game of Thrones star Emilia Clarke, Killian Scott, Christopher McDonald, and Noel Fisher.
Key Secret Invasion News:
- Secret Invasion Gives Maria Hill More Depth, Says Star
- Nick Fury Returns To Earth In Marvel's Secret Invasion Trailer
- Emilia Clarke Celebrates Joining the MCU With Sweet Message
- Samuel L. Jackson Announces Reshoots Have Wrapped On Latest MCU Project
Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol 3 (May 5, 2023)
After repeated delays due to James Gunn's firing/rehiring and the COVID-19 pandemic, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 finally has a release date. The closing chapter of Gunn's trilogy is set to premiere on May 5, 2023 - a full six years after Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 in 2017. It's set to introduce Will Poulter's Adam Warlock to the MCU and features Chukwudi Iwuji as the main antagonist to the Guardians of the Galaxy, High Evolutionary. It's unknown how many of the original Guardians will survive their final outing, but Gunn has promised that the storyline features a healthy dose of sadness.
Key Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol 3 News:
- Guardians Of The Galaxy 3 Image Reveals New Look At Ravager Gamora
- James Gunn Explains Why Marvel Hasn’t Released GOTG 3 Trailer Yet
- Guardians Of The Galaxy 3 Will Be Longer Than First Two, Says Gunn
- Guardians of the Galaxy 3 Villain Has Connections To Each Team Member
Related: Guardians Of The Galaxy 3 Villain Supports A Major Adam Warlock Theory
Echo (Summer 2023)
Alaqua Cox made her MCU debut as the hearing-impaired superhero Echo in the Disney+ Hawkeye series. Marvel has now confirmed Cox will front her own Echo spinoff series, which is currently in the early stages of development. Little is known when it comes to plot or cast beyond Alaqua Cox herself. Two confirmed cast members are Charlie Cox as Daredevil and Vincent D'Onofrio as Kingpin, however, which has caused no shortage of hype among the MCU fandom.
Key Echo News:
- Echo Star Confirms Filming Wrap on Hawkeye Spinoff With a New BTS Photo
- Echo Will Leave New York & Return Home in Hawkeye MCU Spinoff Show
- Echo Star Secretly Broke Marvel Rules After Getting Her Hawkeye Spinoff
- Kingpin Returns In Marvel's Echo Footage Description
Loki Season 2 (Summer 2023)
Loki's narrative will continue through Ant-Man & The Wasp Quantumania, but the God of Mischief will also be getting a second season of his own on Disney+. After some speculation, it's been confirmed that Tom Hiddleston will return as Loki, as will Sophia Di Martino as Sylvie and Owen Wilson as Agent Mobius. The series has also added Ke Huy Quan in an undisclosed role. At the 2022 D23 Expo, Hiddleston confirmed that Loki season 2's story picks up right where season 1 left off, with Loki popping up in an alternate version of the TVA that's openly run by Kang and trying to handle the fallout of Sylvie's actions.
Key Loki Season 2 News:
- Loki Season 2 Casts Everything Everywhere All At Once Breakout
- Owen Wilson Is Scared Of Revealing Loki Season 2 Spoilers
- Loki Season 2 Release Date Finally Revealed
- Loki Season 2 Set Video Shows Mobius & God of Mischief Back Together
The Marvels (July 28, 2023)
With WandaVision and Ms. Marvel introducing more members of the broader Marvel family, The Marvels will finally bring them all together alongside Carol Danvers. Monica Rambeau and Kamala Khan have both had their small-screen debuts, and Ms. Marvel set up the Captain Marvel sequel by having Kamala and Carol switch places across the universe in its post-credits stinger. The Marvels should be a highly anticipated MCU entry in 2023. Plot details are sparse, but the film is said to mark a significant turning point in the MCU Phase 5.
Key The Marvels News:
- Captain Marvel 2 Will Connect To Ms. Marvel's MCU Powers Change
- Brie Larson Shares Captain Marvel 2 Art Honoring New MCU Co-Stars
- Captain Marvel 2 Star Shares His Shocked First Reaction To MCU Audition
- Brie Larson Continues Captain Marvel 2 Training In New Workout Video
Ironheart (Fall 2023)
The first show to focus on an Iron Many legacy hero, Ironheart will follow teenage genius Riri Williams as she inherits Iron Man's armor. Ironheart will star Dominique Thorne as Riri, who was only introduced to Marvel Comics in 2015. Other Marvel updates on Ironheart remain scant for now, other than confirmation that the series will have 6 episodes and arrive in late 2023. Riri herself will be making her debut earlier than this however, as Dominique Thorne is confirmed to appear in Black Panther: Wakanda Forever. If and how this factors into Ironheart's MCU origin still isn't known, however. It's also not known if the successor to Iron Man will appear in Armor Wars.
Key Ironheart News:
- Marvel's Ironheart Show Gets Two Directors
- Marvel's Ironheart Casts Harper Anthony In Mysterious New Role
- Black Panther 2 Director Ryan Coogler Involved With MCU Ironheart Show
- Anthony Ramos Rumored To Be The Villain of Ironheart Series
Related: Ironheart Casting Kills Hopes Of Robert Downey Jr.'s Iron Man Return
The Blade (November 3, 2023)
Arriving midway through MCU Phase 5 is a reboot of Blade, with the titular Daywalker to be played by Mahershala Ali. The character has already had a soft introduction in the post-credits scene of Eternals and could feature in Werewolf by Night as well. Initially confirmed in 2019, The Blade Marvel updates have been rarer than a vegetarian vampire, with only Stacy Amma Osei-Kuffour attached as a writer. Bassam Tariq had since been confirmed as the director for MCU's The Blade. However, it was then announced in September 2022 that Tariq had taken a step back from the directors chair, and would now be an executive producer on the project. A replacement hasn't been revealed at time of writing. With little over a year to go before The Blade releases in 2023, there are questions arising about how Bassam Tariq's departure will impact the production schedule.
Key The Blade News:
- MCU's Blade Reboot Loses Director Ahead Of Reported Filming Start
- Tyrese Gibson Sparks MCU Blade Role Rumors With Vague New Image Post
- Marvel's Blade Movie Casts Krypton Actor In Mystery Role
- Mahershala Ali Reflects On Blade & Spawn's Impact On Black Superheroes
Agatha: Coven of Chaos (Winter 2023)
Kathryn Hahn made a huge splash as Agatha Harkness in WandaVision, lighting up Disney+ with her bewitching charm and catchy-as-hell theme song. Kevin Feige had already teased more to come from Agatha, and in early October 2021, Marvel updates began claiming Hahn had signed for an Agatha Harkness Disney+ spinoff, as well as future MCU movie appearances. WandaVision head writer Jac Schaeffer is slated to helm the project. Agatha: Coven of Chaos was confirmed on Disney+ Day 2021 and received its most recent title update at San Diego Comic-Con 2022 (after originally being titled Agatha: House of Harkness).
Key Agatha: Coven of Chaos News:
- Agatha Harness Spinoff Gets Retitle & Release Date Window
- Is Scarlet Witch in Agatha Harkness Series? Elizabeth Olsen Responds
- Early WandaVision Concept Art Reveals Old-Fashioned Agatha Harkness Look
- Kathryn Hahn Excitingly Teases Marvel's Agatha Harkness Spinoff
Daredevil: Born Again (Spring 2024)
There's long been speculation about whether Marvel would make its Netflix series MCU canon, and whether the beloved Daredevil show would ever get renewed for further seasons. While there won't be a season 4 of Daredevil, Matt Murdock as seen on Netflix lives on (sort-of). Daredevil: Born Again promises to return Charlie Cox's Daredevil to the small screen alongside Vincent D'Onofrio's Kingpin after the latter's appearance in Hawkeye. It's still unclear how Born Again will choose to soft reboot the original series as opposed to continuing it outright, but Cox's appearances as Matt Murdock in Spider-Man: No Way Home and She-Hulk have been undeniable hits for longtime viewers.
Key Daredevil: Born Again News:
- Charlie Cox Thought He'd Never Play Daredevil Again Before Joining MCU
- Charlie Cox Describes Daredevil: Born Again As A Whole New Thing
- Charlie Cox Can't Wait To Reunite Daredevil & Kingpin In New MCU Show
- New Daredevil Show Needs More Lawyering, Says Charlie Cox
Captain America: New World Order (May 3, 2024)
Rumors of Captain America 4 starring Anthony Mackie as Sam Wilson arose immediately after Falcon & The Winter Soldier's finale, and it was quickly confirmed that Marvel would be pursuing a big-screen outing for its brand-new Cap. Titled Captain America: New World Order, the fourth installment of the Star-Spangled Man's franchise will presumably pick up Sam Wilson's story after he finally accepts the Captain America shield. Julius Onah will direct and has promised that New World Order will be very different from previous Captain America movies while Sam finds his place in a post-Blip world. Tim Blake Nelson will be reprising his The Incredible Hulk role as The Leader to assume the position of New World Order's antagonist.
Key Captain America: New World Order News:
- How Anthony Mackie's Captain America Will Be Different From Steve Rogers
- Captain America 4 Movie Title Explained By Director
- Captain America 4 Begins Filming In Early 2023, Confirms Director
- Captain America 4 Villain The Leader Explained by Director
Related: Everything We Know About Captain America: New World Order
Marvel's Thunderbolts (July 26, 2024)
Rumors of a Thunderbolts movie were long-circulating, with the MCU introducing a steady stream of anti-heroes and sympathetic villains that could have made the cut. Marvel has now confirmed that the ragtag team will get their own movie outing and that the Thunderbolts cast will include Florence Pugh's Yelena Belova/Black Widow, David Harbour's Red Guardian, Olga Kurylenko's Taskmaster, Hannah John-Kamen's Ghost, Wyatt Russell's U.S. Agent, and Sebastian Stan's Bucky Barnes/Winter Soldier. The team will be guided by Valentina Allegra de Fontaine, the mysterious character played by Julia Louis-Dreyfus.
Key Marvel's Thunderbolts News:
- Thunderbolts First Look Image Reveals All 7 Members Of MCU Team
- Red Guardian's New Thunderbolts Suit Teased By David Harbour
- Are MCU's Thunderbolts Villains? Bucky Actor Responds
- Harrison Ford Reportedly Considered For Marvel's Thunderbolts Cast
Deadpool 3 (September 6, 2024)
Deadpool fans got to enjoy two-and-a-half Fox movies starring Ryan Reynolds as the Merc with a Mouth before the studio was purchased by Disney, and Fox's contingent of Marvel characters became MCU stars in waiting. The first to get a confirmed MCU appearance was Deadpool when Deadpool 3 was announced in January 2021. Kevin Feige confirmed the next Deadpool movie would take place within the existing MCU continuity, with Reynolds announcing the September 2024 Deadpool 3 release date over a year later. It might seem odd that Deadpool will enter the MCU before the X-Men, but it could be that the 4th Wall breaking makes the transition from the Fox universe a little easier, with Wade able to unashamedly tell the audience that he's moving to a new studio and new franchise. Hugh Jackman has been confirmed to be reprising his role as Wolverine, which definitely suggests Disney is continuing the connections between the Fox X-Men universe and the MCU that started with Evan Peters' fakeout WandaVision appearance.
Key Deadpool 3 News:
- Hugh Jackman Confirmed To Return As Wolverine For Deadpool 3
- Deadpool Creator Reveals What He Wants From Deadpool 3 Wolverine Team Up
- Ryan Reynolds Begins Deadpool 3 Training For MCU Debut
- Deadpool 3: Bella Thorne Still Wants to Star in Sequel With Ryan Reynolds
Marvel's Fantastic Four (November 8, 2024)
After Disney acquired the studio in 2019, Marvel now owns the rights to all characters previously sold to Fox, and the first movie to explore those tantalizing properties will be Marvel's Fantastic Four. The MCU is getting Mr. Fantastic and the rest of Marvel's First Family, but not much else is known about the project. Despite John Krasinski's appearance as Mr. Fantastic in Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, his MCU casting is not confirmed. At the 2022 D23 Expo, Feige announced that WandaVision director Matt Shakman will head the project, but all other details are under wraps.
Key Marvel's Fantastic Four News:
- Bryce Dallas Howard Debunks MCU Fantastic Four Casting Rumors
- Fantastic Four's Miles Teller Open To Superhero Genre Return
- MCU Fantastic Four Movie Loses Director: No Way Home's Jon Watts Exits
- Fantastic 4’s Thing Actor Jamie Bell Reacts to MCU’s Reboot of the Team
Spider-Man: Freshman Year (2024)
In the wake of What If...? season 1's success, Marvel announced other animated MCU projects. Spider-Man: Freshman Year is set within the MCU and follows Tom Holland's Spider-Man during his earlier years - essentially a prequel to his cameo in Captain America: Civil War. However, it won't take place in the main MCU timeline, but will instead show the life of a Peter Parker variant, one that allows for flexibility to include popular characters like Daredevil, Harry Osborn, and Dr. Octopus, all of whom the young Peter Parker of Earth-616 never met. Jeff Trammel will executive produce.
Key Spider-Man: Freshman Year News:
- Spider-Man: Freshman Year Alternate MCU Timeline Explained By Producer
- Spider-Man Freshman Year Images Reveal First Look At New Homemade Suit
- Spider-Man: Freshman Year 2024 Release Date Revealed & Season 2 Confirmed
- Harry Osborn & Daredevil Confirmed For Spider-Man: Freshman Year
Related: Everything We Know About Spider-Man: Freshman Year
Marvel Zombies (2024)
The third new animated project joining Marvel's upcoming roster of Disney+ releases is a spinoff from What If...? - Marvel Zombies. The fifth episode of What If...? season 1 debuted Marvel's zombie apocalypse, where only a handful of heroes remained unbitten thanks to Ant-Man and Wasp's botched Quantum Realm mission. Marvel saw its full-series potential and put Bryan Andrews in charge of directing and executive producing. As well as more superpowered Zombie Avengers, Marvel Zombies promises full gore and will be Marvel's first property with a TV-MA rating.
Key Marvel Zombies News:
- Marvel Zombies TV Show Announced For Disney+ With Throwback Logo
- Marvel Zombies Release Set For 2024 with TV-MA Rating
- Marvel Zombies Show Includes Massive List Of MCU Characters
- Marvel Zombies Images Reveal First Look At Team Of Zombie MCU Heroes
Avengers: The Kang Dynasty (May 2, 2025)
Perhaps the biggest MCU announcement in 2022 was the confirmation of Phase 6's Avengers movies, which mark the 5th and 6th installments, respectively. The Multiverse Saga's main villain is Kang the Conquerer, and Avengers 5 is fittingly named Avengers: The Kang Dynasty. Presumably, the film will see a new roster of Avengers team up to fight this multiversal, Thanos-level threat. Destin Daniel Cretton is currently set to direct, but other than that, not much is known about The Kang Dynasty. The cast possibilities are seemingly endless, however, so it should provide an epic reunion of old and new MCU heroes.
Key Avengers: The Kang Dynasty News:
- Avengers 5: The Kang Dynasty Finds Director In Marvel Hit-Maker
- Avengers 5 Update Means You Definitely Can't Skip Ant-Man 3
- MCU's New Character Could Be The Center Of Kang's Multiverse Plan
- Avengers: The Kang Dynasty Taps Ant-Man 3 Writer For The MCU Movie
Avengers: Secret Wars (November 7, 2025)
As with The Kang Dynasty, few details are available about Avengers: Secret Wars, the latest announced MCU movie which will premiere in late 2025. Even the director is still unknown, but Black Panther helmer Ryan Coogler is rumored to be a top contender. As for the story of Avengers 6, it should follow directly from Avengers 5 much as Avengers: Endgame did from Avengers: Infinity War. The Secret Wars 2015 comic gives clues to the broad-strokes plot, as it deals with a multiversal incursion as has been teased by multiple MCU projects so far. The MCU Secret Wars is almost guaranteed to be vastly different from the comic-book Secret Wars, but the variant-filled Battleworld looks to be a likely, and exciting, feature of the movie version too. How the Multiverse Saga's antagonist supreme, Kang the Conqueror, will bring this about remains to be seen — especially since he's not responsible in the Marvel comics.
Key Avengers: Secret Wars News:
- Mark Ruffalo Hypes Avengers: Secret Wars With Bold Endgame Comparison
- Avengers 5 & 6: Kang Dynasty & Secret Wars Both Releasing 2025
- The MCU's Secret Wars Line-Up (As We Already Know It)
- How Every Upcoming MCU Movie & Show Sets Up Avengers 5, 6 & Kang
X-Men '97 (TBC)
Not content with simply resurrecting the Fox X-Men universe for Deadpool 3, Disney and Marvel are riding the X-Men gravy train for all it's worth and resurrecting the incredibly popular X-Men animated series from the 1990s. X-Men '97 will be a direct continuation of the original X-Men cartoon and includes many of the original voice cast and unchanged character designs. It will also feature the unforgettable theme tune, the riff that featured when the Earth-838 Charles Xavier first appeared in Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness and Kamala Khan's mutant status was announced. Many highly rated X-Men stories have occurred in the comics since the original series was canceled in 1997, so X-Men '97 is an exciting opportunity to bexplore these stories with a colorful '90s spin, bringing the high-quality comic book adaptations which made X-Men The Animated Series so renowned.
Key X-Men '97 News:
- How Marvel Got Rights To X-Men Animated Series Theme
- Every Character Confirmed For The MCU's X-Men '97
- X-Men 97 Images Reveal First Look At Classic Team & Villains
- X-Men '97 Writer Addresses Potential MCU Connections
Related: MCU's Professor X Universe Confirmed By Doctor Strange 2 Easter Egg
Armor Wars (TBC)
The MCU's second Iron Man-related outing is Armor Wars, which stars Don Cheadle as James Rhodes a.k.a. War Machine. Like the comic run on which it's based, Armor Wars explores what happens when Tony Stark's tech is stolen and used by numerous villains. Unlike the comic run, however, Armor Wars is set after Tony Stark's death and features War Machine as its main protagonist, with Cheadle promising that the movie puts a unique spin on the Armor Wars source material. The movie will be written by Yassir Lester and filming is expected to begin in early 2023 in Atlanta. Originally, Armor Wars was a show, but in September 2022, it was announced that it would be a movie instead. It's not known yet whether Armor Wars will get a theatrical release or head straight to Disney+ as intended before the format change.
Key Armor Wars News:
- Marvel's Armor Wars Disney+ Series Now Is Becoming A Movie
- Armor Wars Story Details Revealed By War Machine Actor
- War Machine's MCU Future Addressed By Marvel Actor Don Cheadle
- Don Cheadle Shuts Down War Machine Replacing Iron Man MCU Rumors
Wakanda TV Series (TBC)
Black Panther fans were already looking forward to revisiting Wakanda on the big screen, but the MCU will also be returning to African climes on Disney+. In February 2021, Marvel unveiled plans for a brand-new TV series based in Wakanda, developed by the director of both Black Panther movies, Ryan Coogler. The project is both without title and release date as per the latest Marvel updates, but reports suggest Danai Gurira's Okoye could be the focus.
Key Wakanda Show News:
- Black Panther’s Danai Gurira Reportedly Returning In Marvel Disney+ Show
- Wakanda TV Show Coming To Disney+ From Black Panther Director
- Marvel Reportedly Has Two Black Panther Spinoff Shows In The Works
- All 6 Stories Disney's Wakanda Show Could Be About
Wonder Man (TBC)
Another classic Marvel comics hero making his first MCU debut on Disney+ is Wonder Man, a character with strong ties to Vision and Scarlet Witch and one of the founding members of Hawkeye's West Coast Avengers team. Simon Williams, Wonder Man's secret identity, is noteworthy for being the brain model used to create Vision and for moonlighting as a Hollywood stuntman when he's not saving the day. Because of this fact, there's potential for Wonder Man to be a Hollywood satire, and there's already plenty of speculation about who will play the ionic energy-powered hero, including Uncharted's nearly-cast Nathan Fillion.
Key Wonder Man News:
- Marvel's Wonder Man Explained: Powers, Origin & MCU Setup
- Marvel Hero With Ties To Wanda & Vision Getting New MCU Disney+ Show
- New MCU Disney+ Show Could Be A Hollywood Satire, Says Report
- Will Nathan Fillion Play Wonder Man In The MCU (Because Of GOTG 2?)
Other Rumored Future MCU Projects - Nova & More
Though most of the MCU projects on Kevin Feige's slate have been confirmed by an official source, others remain within the realm of report and rumor – for now. In October 2021, outlets claimed a Nova movie is currently scheduled to begin production in 2023, picking up from the off-screen destruction of the Nova Corps, who debuted in Guardians of the Galaxy. The introductions of Kate Bishop, Yelena Belova, Ironheart, and Ms. Marvel also have rumors of a Young Avengers movie swirling, although Yelena has already been earmarked for the Thunderbolts team-up. Shang-Chi & The Legend of the Ten Rings star Simu Liu has expressed a desire to make Shang-Chi 2, and given how Eternals ended, many are expecting Eternals 2 as another future follow-up. Check back for when Marvel updates the status of these exciting MCU projects.